Monday 18 March 2013

Our little family

So it has been forever since I blogged. It haunts me in the back of my mind that I should blog but I have been pretty busy/sick/forgetful lately. Plus, my cute attachment decides that every time I decide to try and get something done, its time to fuss. Like he is currently. BRB.

OK baby asleep. Yep! We had a baby!

William Stetson Stanley Frost. We call him Stetson. He was born January 23 2013 8 lbs 1 oz 17 1/2" long.


Yes the name is long but it has a lot of meaning for us. William is Jarrod's family name. It's both his and his dad's legal first name and I am not sure how far it goes back. Stetson is the name I picked and Jarrod didn't have much say. I basically told him that was the name and he was going to have to accept it haha. Stanley is after Jarrod's uncle who passed in November who was very loved by all who really knew him. We hope our son will grow up to appreciate and honor the names he carries.

It's been almost 8 weeks since we brought him home and sometimes I still look at him and think "That's ours??" Haha it's a big change and sometimes so overwhelming but we wouldn't change it for the world. We have been fighting a touch of colic. Dairy bugs him big time but he still has issues with gas so I cut out gluten a couple days ago and it seems to have made a bit of difference. I also have an appointment with the chiropractor for him on Thursday to see if that can help. We will also see what the doctor says on Thursday afternoon.

Stetson loves water. We took him swimming a couple weeks ago and he just completely chilled out. I found through repeat occurrences getting him ready for a bath that if he is upset, just set him on the floor and turn on the tub and he will instantly quiet. He loves water, playing in it and listening to it. I hope it stays and that Vanderhoof builds a pool so I can indulge that if necessary.

He also loves his carrier and will usually fall asleep when we go for walks. Stetson also HATES having his face covered unless he is tired. He wants to look around. Especially outside. And don't you dare hinder that or you better prepare for the wrath. He loves sleeping with mum even though I really try to avoid it too much and he loves eating. Obviously. He's almost doubled his birthweight and is 24" long.

As for Jarrod and I, we have been adjusting to parenthood. Jarrod's cousin bought a hunt to Africa and Jarrod is planning on going with him which is his trip of a lifetime and I am excited for him. Not quite sure when it is but it could happen this year or in five years. Who knows. We are also getting tired of town. We didn't last as long as we thought we would but I am not surprised so right now we are weighing our options with finances and such to figure out what we should do.

AND WE ARE SOOOOO READY FOR SUMMER! It snowed over a foot in the last couple days and we are ready for it to go away. I am getting excited to get on my horse and go camping and I wore shorts today because I am willing it to be summer. And they are the only comfy clean thing I had. It sounds like Jarrod's breakup may be short this year and extremely busy with projects. Not even our projects! Spring bear season starts in two weeks!

Wedding celebration planning has been in full swing and I am NOT a wedding planner. And it's expensive! So do not want to get married twice! ;)





 




No comments:

Post a Comment