Monday 13 August 2012

marriage is what bring us together today

So we got hitched. On August 11 2012 to be exact. We really wanted to get married next year but due to certain circumstances, plans changed. So we are still celebrating next year and would be overjoyed to invite all our friends and family to have a great time with us next year as this year really hasn't turned out quite as we planned.

Our wedding day was different. I, being the pregnant soul that I am, started to get ready at 630. And could NOT keep anything down. It was horrible actually and I had left the Diclectin in camp. We had a mortgage signing appointment at 900 at the bank so we attended that and managed to get most of the paperwork finished. We rushed to the pharmacy after the appointment and I literally begged for an emergency supply of drugs. The pharmacist was very accommodating and we then ran to Co-op to get something I could hopefully keep down. We also realized that Jarrod still didn't have a ring and considering it was Saturday and Vanderhoof has a lack of jeweler's, we resorted to search at the Dollar Store. 3$ later Jarrod had a lovely spider embellished ring that semi fit. Score.

So we went home and I tried to gather everything I needed to finish getting ready and finished putting mascara on my eyes and we headed to Larsen's. Gramma proceeded to do some finishing touches to my dress and I kept having problems with my contacts. My eyes were clouding over and I honestly could see nothing. I ended up taking the left one out and surviving with the right only. I finally got dressed and was given a gorgeous sunflower bouquet my aunt Jenni had made me. Like gorgeous and better then anything I could imagine. We then walked to the back where everything was set up for the ceremony. Honestly, the nervousness hit like lead. Like suddenly I was chattering nonsensically away. Bah.

So around the back I went. And now I know why people have wedding rehearsals haha. Dad asked how we walk down the aisle. I HAD NEVER BEEN MARRIED! I didn't know! Ah!!!! There wasn't much room for us to both walk down the aisle side by side. Apparently I kind of ditched Dad cause I started walking so fast that he was struggling to keep up. Good job Anna. Nervousness obvious? Check that box. So I took suggestions from the crowd once I got up there considering I looked like a lost puppy that was on an undetermined mission. Heck why didn't they all give me pointers before?? So there I am standing across from Jarrod for about 2 seconds and I realize that I had no idea where his 3$ ring went. No idea. Had a mini panic session. Oh whatever. And then I felt awkward. Everyone is looking at you and I could barely look at Jarrod and I was sooooo nervous. The sayings of the ceremony kind of feel like a blur and then we exchange rings. Now Jarrod and I had agreed to get my ring later as the house is sort of a priority right now and I can survive without a ring. And suddenly he pulls out this ring that we had looked at probably a month after we started dating. Apparently I looked a bit shocked and all I could manage to say was You Brat!!!" Who says that during their wedding? Well I guess I do. Put another check next to that one. Then I had to tell everyone I sort of had no idea where his ring was. Check again. So we sign away and it becomes legal.


Here is my ring :) Thank you Doreen and Chuck, my wonderful inlaws, for pitching in for it and arranging to get it here in time!

Then we head back to the house for a little lunch. For our wedding present, Becki and Carl did the planning and prep for the ceremony and made a wedding cake for us. And the cake was perfect and completely adorable. Insert picture here.

Amazing job!!! We love it!!!

We are so grateful for the work that everyone had put into our little ceremony, for coming, and thank them so much for their time, support and generosity.  Another thanks to Ellen Brooks who also planned my bridal shower and Becki who hosted it. This day could have never happened without everyone who was involved! We love you all. Hopefully next year we can treat everyone when we celebrate this special moment in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment